Lunches / Free School Meals
Our meals are delivered from Chartwells daily, as we have no commercial kitchen on site. The children have a choice of school dinners or they may prefer to bring a packed lunch. The cost for children in years 3-6 is £2.30 per meal.
If your child would like to have hot lunches please print off an order form (below), or pick one up from the office - meals are ordered and paid for termly, although we are happy to accept post-dated cheques or weekly/fortnightly payments (with our agreement). Children in years R - 2 inclusive are eligible to receive a free lunch daily, but an order form must still be completed.
If your child has a medical or religious dietary need (e.g. dairy free, gluten free, Halal, no pork etc) you must complete and return a special meals request form to Chartwells. It usually takes three weeks for Chartwells to process the special meals request, during which time your child may be offered meals (at Chartwells' discretion), but the meals may be something like a jacket potato with suitable filling, rather than the published menu item.
Meals continue to be ordered, using the daily pattern requested, until the office are advised that the meal pattern should be amended or cancelled.
Click here to view the menu. If you would like to change your child's meal pattern please let the school office know (preferably by e-mail) as soon as possible. Thank you. Chartwells Nut Safety Statement
No sweets are allowed in school either in lunch boxes or at break times.
All children may bring in their own fruit or vegetables to eat at morning break. Children in Reception, Year 1 and 2 are provided with a free piece of fruit daily.
If you have any queries please contact Karen Blakemore in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday).
Free School Meal Eligibility
From September 2014 all children in Years R, 1 and 2 will be entitled to 'Universal Free School Meals' regardless of your eligibility. However in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 free school meals are available only to children whose parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, without any Working Tax Credit, and an annual household income (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) that is not more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit Run-on which is only paid for 4 weeks after you STOP qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Guaranteed Element of Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit - Provided you have an annual net earned income (take home pay) of no more than £7,400 (as assessed by earnings from up to 3 of your most recent assessment periods).
If your child is in Foundation Stage, Year 1 or Year 2 please do still apply for Free School Meals if you are eligible, even though your child receives a free lunch under Universal Free School Meals - we can receive £1,320 extra funding per child that is registered! Your child does not need to eat a hot lunch at school if they would prefer to bring a packed lunch, but it is important that you register if eligible, please.
How to register
- Download and complete the Free School Meals Registration Form (158 KB) and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit www.bathnes.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals to download and complete a form online.
- Call the Free School Meals helpline on 01225 394317 to make a telephone registration. You will need your National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seeker Support Number when you call.
- Print and complete the Free School Meals Registration Form.pdf (40 KB) and post it to: People & Communities Finance, Free School Meals, Bath & North East Somerset Council, Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1JG.
We encourage all parents to check their eligibility, regardless of what year group their child is in, as the school receives additional funding for all pupils that are entitled to Free School Meals (NOT Universal Free School Meals).