Vacany at St Martin's Garden Primary School (not Combe Down Primary)
Maternity Cover EYFS/KS1 Class Teacher required from Sept 2019 until
approximately July 2020 Pay Scale M3 – M6
The Governors at St Martin’s Garden Primary School are seeking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and well-motivated class teacher for an EYFS/KS1 class. The person appointed will possess: excellent knowledge of the EYFS/KS1 curriculum; high quality teaching skills; good communication and teamwork skills and demonstrate a desire to support continuous school improvement and their own professional development.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers who are supportive of the aims and vision of our school and who have a proven ability as a good or outstanding teacher.
At St Martin’s Garden Primary School:
- we value children above all else and believe in partnership working
- we respect all children and each other as individuals
- we have high ambitions and aspirations for our learning community
- we have a dedicated leadership team
- we have a learning environment that is vibrant and creative
- we believe that building relationships is the key to success
- we believe in providing a happy, safe and positive environment in which creativity, personal development and a love of learning will flourish.
We seek a class teacher who:
- will share in our vision and ethos of high ambitions and nurture
- has a passion for education and is willing to challenge themselves to be an excellent practitioner
- has high expectations and works to ensure that all children can succeed in their learning
- enjoys taking an active role as part of the whole school and community
- has the potential and capability to develop their career
- has a great sense of humour!
We can offer:
- enthusiastic, well behaved and talented pupils who are eager to learn
- strong support and opportunities for Professional Development
- a supportive, talented and highly motivated team of staff team
Visits: Visits to our school are warmly welcomed; our children and staff would be delighted to meet you before the formal interview process. We are offering the following dates for you to visit:
Tuesday 23rd April at 4pm
Wednesday 24th April at 9am
Please telephone the school office on 01225 832112 if you would like to visit us on one of these days.
Applications: Please return the application form to
St Martin’s Garden Primary School, Lympsham Green, Odd Down, Bath, BA2 2UN
Completed application forms should also include a hand written letter of application demonstrating how you meet the person specification.
If sending electronically, this may be scanned and attached as a PDF document
– please e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Tuesday 30th April 2019 at 5pm.
We will contact shortlisted applicants by Friday 3rd May, 2019.
Interviews: Friday 10th May, 2019.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment anyone working in a post with children or vulnerable groups will be expected to undertake an Enhanced DBS check with/without barred list checks.
As this post involves working within one of these groups, we will require a Disclosure & Barring Service check and/or subscription to the DBS online service. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.
School Meals Supervisory Assistant
Monday - Friday 11.30am - 1.30pm, term time only
Grade Q11 (£3,943 per annum actual salary)
Combe Down Primary School
The Log Cabin
We encourage you to visit the school and our children. Please contact the school office to make arrangements.
Updated 23 April 2019